FINE TOOLS / BURNISHING TOOL / AG14SINGLE ROLLER FACE BURNISHING TOOL
Basic Tool Design :
Type AG14 single roller burnishing tools consist of a tool body equipped with a tool shank, a spring assembly that allows the roller head to move with no play and very low friction, and a gauge that indicates the burnishing force as measured by spring deflection. The roller head is attached to the flexible, spring - loaded section of the tool body.
1. Machines cylindrical and tapered external surfaces, external or internal face, and cylindrical and tapered bores (specially designed models available for tapers).
2. For use with either CNC - controlled or conventional Lathes.
3. Complete processing in one setting.
4. Achievable surface quality : Rz < 1 μm (Ra ≤ 0.2 μm) Suitable for metals with tensile strength up to 1400 N/mm2 and maximum hardness HRC ≤ 45.
5. Modular construction allows these tools to be used in several configurations.
6. Symmetrical construction allows either right or left - hand operation.
7. Rotates in either direction.
8. Tool design includes fixed roller clearance angle α.
Short cycle time.
No auxiliary processing time necessary.
No dust or grinding residue.
Minimal lubrication required (oil or emulsion).
Infinitely variable burnishing force.
Accurately measured burnishing force ensures consistent, high quality results.
Unrestricted roller face makes roller burnishing of shoulders and other edges possible
Easy to change wear parts.